Search ETDs:
Nonverbal Communication and First Impressions
Cummings, Kelly

2011, BA, Kent State University, College of Architecture and Environmental Design.
As humans everyone has learned how to communicate, whether it be speaking, facial and hand gestures or other body signals. Some learn as babies from watching adults; a baby’s first word is normally a milestone event. Others learn as toddlers and continue as they grow older. Some may take classes on language and speech. Normally as one grows older, the spoken word is emphasized but it is not the only way to communicate. What if one knew that what he or she was learning only skimmed the surface of successful communication skills? Body language is the original shared language of communication. Research has found that 93% of our interpersonal communication is nonverbal, leaving only 7% of communication involving actual words.
Pamela Evans, Dr. (Advisor)

Recommended Citations

Hide/Show APA Citation

Cummings, K. (2011). Nonverbal Communication and First Impressions. (Electronic Thesis or Dissertation). Retrieved from https://etd.ohiolink.edu/

Hide/Show MLA Citation

Cummings, Kelly. "Nonverbal Communication and First Impressions." Electronic Thesis or Dissertation. Kent State University, 2011. OhioLINK Electronic Theses and Dissertations Center. 01 Apr 2015.

Hide/Show Chicago Citation

Cummings, Kelly "Nonverbal Communication and First Impressions." Electronic Thesis or Dissertation. Kent State University, 2011. https://etd.ohiolink.edu/

Files

ksuhonors1305161866.pdf (622.99 KB) View|Download